- This event has passed.
Giving Tuesday – Okanagan Civic Movement
November 27, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
GivingTuesday is a National Giving Day
Most people know about Black Friday and Cyber Monday … GivingTuesday is happening across Canada on November 27, 2018.
It is a Canadian movement for giving and volunteering, taking place each year after Cyber Monday. The “Opening day of the giving season,” it is a day where charities, companies and individuals join together to share commitments, rally for favourite causes and think about others.
Giving Tuesday Okanagan Civic Movement
The Giving Tuesday Okanagan civic movement kicked off in 2015 with mayoral proclamation events in all 3 major cities: Penticton, Kelowna and Vernon. Our goal for 2018 is to to encourage organizations and individuals to consider ways to encourage our communities to GIVE. The Okanagan Community is very generous and we all contribute to it’s success. “Giving Tuesday” and any other Tuesday in the future is an opportunity to make a difference.
Date: Tuesday, November 27th, 2018
Time and Location:
11:00 PM at Kelowna City Hall – Mayoral Proclamation – Supported by McDonalds
11:00 AM at Penticton City Hall – Mayoral Proclamation – supported by Tim Hortons
12:00 PM at Vernon City Hall – Community Celebration – Supported by Starbucks and Tim Hortons
- Everyone who believes in and supports giving back to your community.
- Community leaders, local charities, business owners and volunteers.
- Celebrate Giving and Network with the community!!
- Show the communities we serve that coming together to support “Giving” is important.
- Help the communities we serve understand that “Giving” is simple.
What? An event to celebrate the start of “Giving Season”.
- Bring your organization’s banner and wear your colours.
- Invite staff, volunteers, friends and family.
- Media opportunity.
- Enjoy coffee and snacks.
- Kickoff your end of year giving campaign.
- Spend some time connecting and celebrating with other Giving Tuesday Okanagan partners.
We look forward to seeing you at one of the Giving Tuesday Okanagan events.