Social Enterprise Accelerator Fund
The Social Enterprise Accelerator Fund is a new United Way grant program in partnership with Interior Savings Credit Union and Purppl that aims to build the capacity of local charities to develop more sustainable, long-term revenue streams.
The program is for registered charities with some measurable traction or progress on an existing social enterprise, who are seeking mentorship and coaching to scale their social enterprise idea. The fund will provide one-time grant funding for a 15-month mentorship in the Social Enterprise Acceleration (SEA) Program with the social enterprise accelerator Purppl (www.purppl.com).
The applicant organization must:
- Be a registered charitable organization
- Already have some measurable traction or progress on an existing social enterprise (revenue, customers, partners, product or service built etc.)
- Be within the geographic boundaries of the United Way CSO ie. within the Central or South Okanagan
- Demonstrate sufficient resources, capacity and commitment to deliver the project for which they are applying
- Ensure the project addresses current social problems, challenges or issues
Successfully shortlisted applicants must be available on the evening of July 17th 2018 to pitch their social enterprise idea.
The call for applications opens on Thursday May 31st 2018. The grant deadline is Friday June 29th at 4:00pm. For more information on grant structure, program expectations and the timeline please refer to the Social Enterprise Accelerator Fund Information package below. Applications can be submitted online through the application form found here.
*Note: The online application form requires a google email account to login and upload documents. If you do not have a google email, you can create one for free here.
For more information or questions regarding the Social Enterprise Accelerator Fund, please contact Reanne Amadio, Manager of Community Investment with the United Way at email@example.com or at 250-860-2356.